Hey friends. Miranda Frarraccio here with a new copy of the Birmingham Daily. Keep reading to find out everything there is to know about what’s happening in our community.
But first of all, today’s weather.
Thunderstorm. High: 68 Low: 51.
🏡 Looking for a way to differentiate yourself from other realtors in Birmingham? Exclusive newsletter sponsorship can help you gain valuable exposure and attract new clients.
Here are the top 3 news from Birmingham today:
- Greater Birmingham Humane Society Last year, we made 85 transportation trips to save the lives of pets. Just ten years ago, the association was making only two transport trips a year.Overall, the organization says it helped An estimated 17,000 pets this year(WBRC)
- Birmingham Islamic Society seen from nearby Hoover Donated 800 pounds of halal chicken to Blazer Kitchen every month pantry. The Pantry provides food for students and faculty at the University of Alabama, Birmingham. Out of about 750 students who use Blazer Kitchen, about 150 and about 25 employees get halal chicken from the food pantry. (Hoover Sun)
- Birmingham’s downtown YMCA will be closed This weekend after 100 years of serving the community. A statement from the YMCA Greater Birmingham said the closure was due to a decline in membership and a change in the workforce. (Birmingham Watch)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Birmingham Patch newsletter is partly brought to you by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to build the best network ever, with LTE coverage for 99% of America. This helps keep communities like ours informed and connected. Thanks to T-Mobile for their support and for creating his Birmingham Newsletter today.
- if you are looking for A unique, high-quality coffee experience, Nothing beats Santos Coffee. Guatemalan coffee shop opens third location in Birmingham. The new coffee shop will occupy the space previously occupied by Gentry’s Pharmacy. (Bum Now)
- Kindness goes a long way. looking for a great opportunity to volunteer in the community or you Nonprofits Seeking More Volunteers, your chance to find the perfect fit.near Hoover Public Library Hosts 2nd Annual Kindness Summit Friday, February 17th. The purpose of the summit is to help people learn more about volunteer opportunities in their communities. (Hoover Sun)
- Celebrations are a great way to enjoy holidays, New Years and other events, but leave your guns at home. The Birmingham Police Department and Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department would like to remind residents to: Celebration shooting is illegal and can damage property and injure people(Birmingham, Alabama Police Department via Facebook)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
That’s all for today. Happy new year!
— Miranda Frarraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio is a staff writer at content creation agency Lightning Media Partners. She graduated from the University of Rhode Island with degrees in Writing, Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her spare time she enjoys traveling, drinking tea and practicing film photography.