No time to check out your Reddit feed? Top discussions of the week.
This week on Reddit, users talked about what they hate in our society. Here are some thoughts users shared on what they think is rightfully hated.
question: “What is more hated than necessary?” asked Reddit user u/StoneCT.
reaction: This question has received thousands of responses from Reddit users. They shared what they think society hates too much.
- “Pizza with pineapple. I think it’s delicious!”
- “The general dislike bandwagon is a big problem. I try to fully explain why I don’t like something before I dislike it. Also, I’m open to discussing things I don’t like.”
- “A kitchen spoon that I hate for no reason.”
- “Dark chocolate.”
- “Single Woman with a Cat”
- “Being single. Everyone acts like the worst thing in the world, but if you’re happy being alone, it really isn’t.
- “Get on the bus — it’s pretty cold.”
- “Wet day”
- “The word moist. People love to jump on the bandwagon that hates it.”
Most Popular Comments: One comment that caused a lot of discussion was, “Anything that school-age kids, especially middle school and under, are into. Yes it’s a fad, yes it’s going away, yes it’s probably something stupid It doesn’t matter if it’s a toy, a phrase, a show, a band, they’re in the formative years of their lives just beginning to figure out who they are.”
Below is a Reddit user’s response to a comment made by Aaaisiqo.
- “Yes, I experienced it firsthand. No matter what I was interested in, someone would belittle or make fun of me for liking me. I stopped sharing for fear of being interested.”
- “I have two teenage children. Most of the time I withhold criticism and encourage as much as I can.
- “I loved Power Rangers when I was in 3rd grade. I remember the older people saying how ridiculous it was. I felt that.”