Newswise — Qualified members of the press are invited to attend the Association of Thoracic Surgeons’ 59th Annual Meeting and Exhibition, which includes the latest scientific research, thought-provoking talks, cutting-edge technologies, and innovative cardiothoracic surgery products. increase. This conference is the preeminent educational event in cardiothoracic surgery.
When: Saturday, January 21, 2023 to Monday, January 23, 2023
Location: San Diego Convention Center – Press Office is Room 27A.
Highlights of STS 2023:
- science session Covers topical top-of-mind themes such as controversies in transplantation practices, the future of coronary revascularization, and CABG versus multivascular percutaneous interventions.
- Keynotes by prominent speakers:
- Francisco G. Cigaloa, MD A renowned transplant surgeon and the first Hispanic physician to be appointed president of the University of Texas System, shares his experience as a third-generation physician. (Vivien T. Thomas Lecture, Saturday, January 21, 8am to her 9pm PT. Livestream available.)
- Peter K. Smith, MD A Ph.D. from Duke University School of Medicine discusses the evolution of the evidence base available for treatment selection in coronary artery disease. (C. Walton Lillehei Lecture, Monday, January 23, 9:00-9:45 AM PT. Live stream available.)
- Vivian Thomas Symposium Focus on turning diversity, equity and inclusion into action and reducing health disparities. (Monday, January 23, 2:45-3:45 PM PT.)
- Recorded press conference The conference highlights some of the most interesting research.
For more information, please visit our Annual Meeting Program: https://www.eventscribe.net/2023/STS/
Registered reporters have access to:
- Free meeting registration
- Distinguished Expert in the Cardiothoracic Surgery Specialty
- Prohibition of press materials, abstracts, presentation slides, transcripts of press conferences
The Press Office (Room 27A) will be available for media use upon request during meeting hours from Saturday, January 21st to Monday, January 23rd. If an STS staff member is not in the press office,
Press releases and abstracts will be available prior to the conference. Contact STS Media Relations staff directly to schedule interviews and find experts before and during your meetings. Also, contact us for more information about our guest lecturers.
Founded in 1964, The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is a not-for-profit organization representing approximately 7,700 cardiothoracic surgeons, researchers, and allied health professionals around the world who provide the best possible surgical options for the heart, lungs, and esophagus. We are dedicated to ensuring the best possible results. , and other surgical procedures within the chest. The association’s mission is to enhance the ability of cardiothoracic surgeons to provide the highest quality patient care through education, research and advocacy.